Monday 18 November 2013

I'm ready for Vacation - I HOPE!

So I find out our Aunt and Uncle are going on vacation. When I asked where they are going - I almost cried when they told us Hawaii.

I went in 2008 and fell head over heels in love with it. I have always dreamed of going back.

I tried to convince my boyfriend to go later in the year but he refuses to go unless he goes with them (rolleyes).

Both my man and I are getting bonuses for Christmas - if we work it out right, we can get cheaper flights through Perkopolis through my work and convince them to share a condo with us (Overall same price as hotel, but with a full kitchen so we can cook meals).

It's been so long since I've travelled that I no longer have a passport, so I gotta get that lickity split.

Now I have been making plans like it's GOING to happen, when I really shouldn't. Just in case it doesn't. Then I've been thinking of what can I do in Hawaii to be frugal.

Well obviously cooking instead of dining out (fresh fruit and veggies at the market, Safeways and fishmongers for meat)

But then there were "alternatives" to hotels. Hostels (no way will my man take part in that) but CAMPING caught my attention.

For just under $400, We could have someone set up a tent, sleeping bags, pillows, tables and chairs, firepits and campground for us on the beach (and take it down when we're done). Now who can say they've been camping in Hawaii?

Only bad thing is, we can't leave anything behind if we want to explore the Island. I'm pretty sure my Aunt and Uncle won't want to camp with us. So there is no one to guard the site and our stuff.

All souvineers I learned from last time I went should be bought at the International Markets, ABC or Walmart. As well as Kona Coffee... never buy it from souvineer shops or hotels. It's INSANELY expensive!!

We can get bus passes to take public transit around the island instead of renting a car (Most hotels will provide free or discounted transit passes for your stay).

Anyways, if you have any ideas on how to keep spending down to a minimum on Oahu, I'll be more than happy to hear them! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment